Iota Beta Sigma, the Silicon Valley Alumnae chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., was chartered in 2000 with the vision to serve the South Bay and Silicon Valley areas. As a chapter focused on promoting healthy living and education to women and children, we believe that our slogan, "Greater Service, Greater Progress" applies not only to our work in the community, but to the betterment of the members, affiliates, and friends of our chapter.
Our programming falls under our sorority's main initiative - Project Reassurance: H3 It's all About Me - Healthy Living, Healthy Lifestyles, Healthy Generations! Throughout the year, besides our normal volunteer efforts, Iota Beta Sigma hosts the following programs:
- Operation Big Book Bag - Collecting school supplies to donate to an adopted elementary school
- College Shower - Provide deserving young women with necessary supplies to start off college
- Youth Symposium - A day long event featuring activities and topic specific panels aimed at middle and high school aged youth
- Scholarships - Our scholarship brunch raises money to provide students competing in our scholarship essay contest. These students have the opportunity to compete at our regional and national conferences.
- A34Life - Our national program focused on promoting HIV/AIDS education and awareness